Tuesday 23 July 2013

The denominational spirit week 29, 2013

“I haven’t been seeing you in church weekly programmes; and your tithes have been reducing lately too. What has been happening?” Actually I have been busy  with the outreach. Which? I don’t remember any such announcement in church.” Don’t you remember the End Time Revival Outreach brethren who are organising monthly missions to unreached people around us?
“Is it the man that came to us 3 months ago? They are not in our church; why are you hob-knobbing with them? I hope that is not where your tithes have been going? You are backsliding.” Take it easy now. I am still very much in the faith and have found meaning in service. Whoever loves his brother abides in the light, and in him there is no cause for stumbling 1Jn 2:10(ESV).  I am not backsliding. “Of course you are. You should bring all the tithes into the storehouse...” I thought tithes belonged to God.
“Don’t lecture me! I was in the faith before you. Did you get born again under their ministry? Were you filled with the Holy Spirit under them? Was your break through as a result of their fasting and prayers? You belong to us and all your resources should be spent here. Are you planning to leave your brethren?Correction please: I belong to God, not to a ministry or denomination. What sin, heresy or foundational mistake is in them that I should not partner with them? Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God... If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house or give him any greeting, for whoever greets him takes part in his wicked works 2Jn 1:9-11(ESV). Are we reaching the people they are? Have we programmes closer to God’s heart competing for my attention? You know very well I am still in this church. I never miss service once I am in town; and I still give in this place. You benefit frequently. I just told you the error: they shouldn’t fish in other men’s waters.”

I am sorry but you have a denominational spirit. You are out of line. Anyone who urges souls to come to Jesus works for the kingdom and deserves our support. For they set out on their trip in the service of Christ without accepting any help from unbelievers. We… must help these people, so that we may share in their work for the truth 3Jn 1:7-8(GNB). You should be championing networking with them rather than making them out to be rivals. "Master, we saw someone casting out demons in your name, and we tried to stop him, because he does not follow with us." But Jesus said to him, "Do not stop him, for the one who is not against you is for you." Lk 9:49(ESV).  

No comments:

Post a Comment