Sunday 12 March 2017

Free from the law of sin and death Week 11, 2017



Have you experienced it? Once the craving comes upon you there is no release until you do it even though your conscience tells you it is wrong. For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing Rom 7:19. You have asked yourself why it must be so with you and now you rationalise it. “I’m not hurting anyone”. On the inside you admire goodness and purity but that is not your life. For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out Rom 7:18.  It is true with you that once a set of conditions happen you do evil. “Everyone does that now, na condition make crayfish bend” you say.
Have you felt it? Once the provocation comes you react and retaliate. Immediately if you can or later but you will do for sure. You just can’t let go when insulted. It is said of you “That one? Don’t go near. Revenge will surely take place”. Extorting money when people are at your mercy is sure. Unless, until you are settled nobody goes anywhere. It is a law with you. This law of sin and death holds you like a vice and won’t let go. So I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand Rom 7:21. Now you claim “It is my nature. That’s how I was born.” But you are a slave to these things. They promise them freedom, but they themselves are slaves of corruption. For whatever overcomes a person, to that he is enslaved 2Pt 2:19. The more you struggle the more you see bondage. You can be set free.
You must be set free; otherwise a sure death awaits all held by this law, a death that lasts forever. This law of sin and death which holds you captive and makes sure that you sin again and again has been overcome. For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death Rom 8:2. Jesus Christ overcame it by dying on the cross for you now He offers you freedom. Jesus answered them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who practices sin is a slave to sin. So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed” Jn 8:34, 36. God has also promised I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.  And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules. Eze 36:26, 27  This promise is yours through Jesus Christ.
Welcome Jesus into your heart. When Zacchaeus welcomed Jesus he was free from enslavement And Zacchaeus stood and said to the Lord, "Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor. And if I have defrauded anyone of anything, I restore it fourfold." Lk 19:8.  It was the power Jesus freely gives that did that. Paul the apostle experienced that too. He then began working no longer with his own power and energy but the one that comes from Jesus Christ. To get this done I toil and struggle, using the mighty strength which Christ supplies and which is at work in me Col 1:29  . Ask Jesus Christ to set you free now and give you that power. I know He will never refuse you. O come to Jesus Christ today and be free from the law of sin and death! Everyone whom my Father gives me will come to me. I will never turn away anyone who comes to me Jn 6:37

No comments:

Post a Comment