Sunday, 11 October 2026

Power in the Spoken Word Week 41, 2026

 I have many testimonies of the power of God, but the one that immediately comes to mind is that of my niece, my eldest sibling’s daughter. She was staying with me at that time, and one day, when I returned from the day’s activities, I found her lying down with blood on her mouth. I took her to the hospital, and she was admitted to the ward at the University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital. On the third day, she was fully unconscious. The deepest level of unconsciousness is when one is unresponsive to pain. I took a blood sample from her, and when the needle went in, there was no response at all. In addition, her condition was complicated by a clotting disorder - Disseminated Intravascular Coagulopathy - which manifests as persistent bleeding. When I took the blood sample, the site of puncture persisted in bleeding awhile. Several specialists were attending to her, and they came up with a diagnosis: meningococcaemia. The lead doctor called me aside and asked, “Is she your daughter?” “No,” I replied. “She is the daughter of our eldest.” “Call her parents,” he said. “Let her die before them, lest anyone think something else happened.” The doctors had given up! I opened the textbooks to read about the condition. In the textbook, it is written that it is a severe and life-threatening condition with poor prognosis even in the best of centres. This meant that even if we were in an American hospital, there was little hope of her survival.

All this while I had been acting as a doctor and not as a believer. I excused myself and went to look for a brother - Evangelist Chris Akosa. I told him the problem, and he agreed to come with me to pray for her. When we arrived, she was still lying unconscious with her eyes closed. Eze37:4-5(ESV)  Then he said to me, “Prophesy over these bones, and say to them, O dry bones, hear the word of the LORD. Thus says the Lord GOD to these bones: Behold, I will cause breath to enter you, and you shall live. He then asked me to stand aside and began to declare the word of God to her. “Every system in this body: begin to align properly. Every biochemical function: work normally…” As he declared the word of God, she opened her eyes and looked around. I  was not told; it was all in my presence. Eze37:7-8(ESV) And as I prophesied, there was a sound, and behold, a rattling, and the bones came together, bone to its bone. And I looked, and behold, there were sinews on them, and flesh had come upon them, and skin had covered them. He continued to declare the word of God to her, and she sat up. By now the entire ward was in pandemonium. Eze 37:9-10(ESV) Then he said to me, “Prophesy to the breath; prophesy, son of man, and say to the breath, Thus says the Lord GOD: Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe on these slain, that they may live.” So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived and stood on their feet, an exceedingly great army. Chris Akosa continued to declare the word of God, and she began to walk around. I have never seen anything like it before then, or after that time. There is power in the word of God. She was instantly healed and remained healed as the word of God was spoken forth. Heb 4:12(ESV)  For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. This same person has completed her Masters’ degree 

Obi Okye is a consultant at UNTH Ituku Ozalla

No comments:

Post a Comment