Sunday 16 October 2016

The dethroned king week 42, 2016



What a betrayal. Those who I trusted with my business have harmed me.
“Oh dear. What business is this?”
The health industry my dear.
“So what did they do to you?”
My leadership position has been eroded. All my subjects want independence from me. They no longer listen to my voice. Worse I now am afraid when I get into their hands; I feel they would use me for their own ends and not care if I lived or died. In fact the way some of them are going, I may soon be extinct and none of them would notice. Is there no balm in Gilead? Is there no physician there? So why is there no healing for my people? Jer 8:22(ESV) 
“This is what happens when you trust people. Perhaps you should have just done it all alone and not empowered others to help you.”
I really needed the help, and still need it. But I am naturally the king in the health industry. All the professionals rally around me and take their bearing from me. I certified them yet see how they treat me. It is terrible.
“What a pity doctor. What a pity. I have read of what they do to you and your kind. It’s unthinkable. Could that have been done outside here?”
Doctor? I am not a doctor. Can it be you don’t recognise me?
“Ewo! Who are you? I thought you said you are the king of the health industry...”
You see how complete the complete the coup is? Even you don’t know me.
“Sorry o. Are you the administrator, or the nurse...”
Look my friend: stop that. I am the patient; the reason for the health business. It was set up for me not for money or ego. My needs dictated their learning: doctors, nurses, administrators, and the like. Now I am a pawn in their quarrels- each claiming to love me, yet delighting in my helplessness and enforcing it whenever they embark on their industrial actions. Yet I am their fate, and they are me.
“You speak in riddles. You are a patient, they are health workers.”
No one goes to school to become a patient. Anyone can and will be a patient someday. Today I am a patient. Tomorrow they can be the patient and patient relation. What they do to me today, in a tomorrow they will reap it. Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap. Gal 6:7(ISV) 
“Ah don’t curse them. It is unchristian. Bless them now.”
It is not a curse. It is the truth. The immutable law of the universe. How they treat me is how they treat their maker.
Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me. Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me Mat 25:34, 36, 40 

No comments:

Post a Comment