Sunday 23 October 2016

Visitation by dreams Week 43, 2016



It was in November 2013 I started having those dreams. I would see a man beckoning on me to follow him and when I got close he disappeared. I realised he was Prophet Isa: the one the Christians call Jesus Christ. When it happened the third time I was no longer myself but I had decided to follow him. I was a driver in Gombe state at that time and had studied up to a higher institution. My near relation living with me noticed something was happening to me and began asking me what was wrong. I told him about the dreams and he became alarmed. He warned me of the consequences of becoming a Christian; consequences I know only too well. The family members have the duty of killing such a one. When my father got to hear he sent for me and asked me about it. After I told him he asked me the consequence of becoming a Christian. I told him. He said it was good I knew the consequences. You will be expelled from the synagogues, and the time will come when those who kill you will think that by doing this they are serving God Jn 16:2(GNB).
A little later I saw he had gathered a family meeting and realised my life was in danger. The following morning I left for the park not knowing where to flee to. I saw a vehicle headed for Enugu that needed just two passengers and entered it. I had never been there before and knew no one there. When we arrived in the night I chose to stop by the polo park seeing there was a campus next to it. I felt I would get shelter there. I took shelter in the campus and sought to join a nearby church but they were suspicious of me and none of them took me in. When Saul arrived in Jerusalem, he tried to join the disciples, but they all were afraid of him because they wouldn't believe he was a disciple Act 9:26(ISV).  I spent a month eating unripe mangoes and staying on the campus. Eventually I got introduced to a pastor who agreed that I pack in with him. He was staying in one room. To my horror he would be visited by female members of his congregation and would sleep with them. I had to move out any night they came. Two sisters were involved without knowing they were sleeping with the same man. I was tempted to return to Islam. Eventually I left him and to cover up he accused me of stealing his money. In ... dangers of rivers, in dangers of robbers, in dangers from my own race, in dangers from the Gentiles, in dangers in the city, in dangers in the wilderness, in dangers in the sea, in dangers among false brothers; 2Cor 11:26(EMTV). A bible passage kept popping up to me about that time encouraging me that we must pass through persecution, and I reconnected with the first church. They now told me they had been watching me as I kept coming for programs every month and were now convinced I was genuine. God has brought me to other Muslims like myself in Enugu who have turned to Christ. I now train as a missionary to reach Muslims and intend to return to Gombe with the gospel someday.  I will continue to rescue you from your people and from the gentiles to whom I am sending you Act 26:17(ISV).Abdul’ works with Gospel Across Barriers

No comments:

Post a Comment